Monday, June 21, 2004

Singapore Arts Festival: Victoria

University Cultural Centre Theatre was small & cosy. I'm impressed with Dulcinea Langfelder & Co. (Canada), the way they set up the stage using various mobile & flexible white sheet screens which not only hint a hospital setting but also serves as screens for lights & shadows & screen projections which set a lot of the the mood. I was watching Victoria last night :)

90yr-old Victoria actually demostrated an interesting point; since she can't remembers [thing]s, she gives [thing]s a brand new meaning. We are often too hindered by our "memories" (& knowledge) that we immediately attached a whole chunk of info on any[thing] we come across. Wouldn't it be interesting & lighter if we can let go of what we know (or what we think we know) & look at every[thing] everytime with an open mind? ~:)

some nice quotes fr Victoria...

- "The older I get, the more vividly I remember things that never happened"
- "I can't remember your name, but I remember you because you have a BIG heart"
- "Patience, it(whatever u are waiting for) will come to you"

(Oh, dis post is a bit long!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home