Sunday, August 22, 2004

Samsung Skydive Festival (1)

URG! I didn't bring my digicam! Sorry guyz, can't show you how it was like over there at Marina Bayfront today till my new friend (which I got to know as we were in the same timeslot for tandem-jumping) emails me the pix from her cam or I get the video recording of the jump. Anyway, Nina came to talk to us while we were waiting! She's such a friendly person!

Besides doing Tandem-Jump at the event, there are other activities around and I get to go on as a passenger for Stunt-Driving (steep turnings, etc) and also human reverse bungee-jumping (where you are strapped to elastic bands and just keep jumping off the mat!) which I jumped so high that the female staff basically said "bye bye" to me *lol*

Back to speak about the tandem-jump...OMG! the feeling was BEYOND WORDS! The weather was unstable in the early morning so we were put on hold for quite a while. There's even once a Fun-Jumper (licensed skydiver) was "outlanded" and the recovery team went to fetch him back (we heard he landed at Marina South). On ground, I was put on the harness(?) and briefed when to criss-cross hands (to aviod any possibilities to grab the tandem master outta fear), to let go upon "taptap" signal (to enjoy the flight!), to raise legs to land (so as not to break the legs!). Everything sound simple enough. And it is! (the tandem master is in control mah...) As I was on the chopper and sitting at the edge of the entrance, I could see Singapore like Lego! When we finally reach 6000ft (abt 2 km from ground), within a spilt second, my tandem-master just slide us both out the chopper! Imagine the feeling when you go down the slide on the roller-coaster. That's how it roughly feels like. Just longer, and you are not on any rail! My tandem-master even let me try pulling the brake (also serves function of controlling direction) while we were in the air! I screamed. Not out of fear, but out of excitement. WOW.

I would wanna do it again. If I have the chance. Definitely.

p.s.Oh~ Ix Shen (Shen4 Qing1 Shan4) was there. He's a licensed skydiver if you haven't heard. I think he's diving at least 15 times today (he was holding almost one booklet of coupons...), representing Singapore Tourism Board. He's a very cool guy if you haven't realised it *lol*

D-zone! Posted by Hello

7 Comments:

At August 22, 2004 at 5:56 PM, Blogger Sc said...

Singapore looks, even sounds like an exciting place (Well, any place would if you never been there) You've got some pretty cool Pics. Happy Posting!

 
At August 22, 2004 at 10:07 PM, Blogger Stardust80 said...

Oh wow! How I ENVY YOU!!!! Oh well.. ONE DAY I'll be sky diving too! Stunt driving passenger! & REVERSE BUBGEE!!.. Sigh.. You're going everything I wanna do! Haha.. ok not everything but they're on my list too! Seriously need to get a fixed job asap.

 
At August 22, 2004 at 10:08 PM, Blogger eisburg said...

ARGH..I miss it because I can't find anyone to go with me! @#$@#$@ How to get the licence for sky diving? Any idea?

 
At August 23, 2004 at 4:59 AM, Blogger ningyou said...

fr wat i heard so far, they go Indonesia or Australia to train. And they hv full skydiving courses in Australia. Be prepared to spend a few thousand dollars (abt SGD2000+ for training) bt they hv wkend course i tink.

 
At August 23, 2004 at 5:00 AM, Blogger ningyou said...

eisburg, dun "wait for ppl to go with" lah... i duno waste how many chances waiting for ppl sia. these kinda tings u wana do it, JUST GO!

 
At August 23, 2004 at 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with ur "dun have to wait for people" part man.. hey, being a very money person like me... how much is to pay for a jump like that???? tell me tell me.. hehe..

 
At August 23, 2004 at 4:30 PM, Blogger ningyou said...

SGD380 for a jump *lol*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home